One of the questions that our professional painters hear all the time is, “How long does the lifetime paint for a house last on the wall?” Some homeowners also wonder, “Is it longer than an ordinary coat? Or will it last a lifetime?”
Painting with Lifetime Paint for House vs Ordinary Coat
Ordinary coats are the most used type of paint for residential properties. It consists of a mixture of pigments, binders, and solvents. While it offers a wide range of colors and finishes, the lifespan of ordinary paint is relatively limited compared to lifetime paint.
Average Lifespan of Ordinary Coat
The average lifespan of an ordinary coat can vary depending on several factors, including:
- Climate: Heavy rainfall, intense sunlight, and other extreme weather conditions can significantly affect the longevity of ordinary paint.
- Quality: The quality of the paint, as well as the surface preparation and application, play a crucial role in determining how long will it last.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance, including cleaning, repairing cracks or peeling, and repainting when needed, can extend the life of ordinary paint.
On average, an ordinary coat on the exterior of a house can last anywhere from 5 to 15 years. But for it to last for more than a decade, it needs frequent repainting to maintain its appearance and protection.
A Durable Alternative – Lifetime Paint
It is known as long-lasting or permanent paint because it offers superior durability and longevity compared to ordinary paint. It is typically more expensive than standard paint but comes with several advantages.
- Longevity: It is engineered to withstand harsh weather conditions and resist fading, chipping, and cracking. It can last for decades without the need for frequent repainting.
- Color Retention: The vibrant colors of lifetime paint are more likely to remain true over time, even in challenging climates.
- Low Maintenance: With lifetime paint, homeowners can enjoy lower maintenance requirements, reducing the need for frequent touch-ups or full repainting.
- UV Protection: Deluxe Lifecote, for instance, protects your home’s exterior from sun damage.
Skip the Paint
With lifetime paint, like Deluxe Lifecote, you can skip the paint for a lifetime. The lifetime paint does not hide the problem. Rather, it fixes the issue. Compared to ordinary paint, the lifetime paint contains only 38% water. It is 15 times thicker than ordinary paint.
In that case, you don’t have to paint your exterior wall anymore. Keep in mind that if you use ordinary paint, you can be sure that you will pay for it every few years. That’s because paint is a guaranteed recurring cost. If you do switch to DLC, you can skip repainting your house every few years. The result is a huge savings of up to $8,000.
Guaranteed for Life
The savings, however, will depend on the area of your house. But DLC is guaranteed for life. Its lifetime warranty includes chipping, flaking, peeling, and cracking. Even though there are various manufacturers of lifetime coats, DLC is the only one that offers a warranty against cracking, thereby giving you a lot of savings.
In addition to saving on repainting, you can also save on your cooling costs because it does not absorb UV. Rather, it reflects it. If you want to learn more about how the lifetime paint for your house affects the cooling in your house, make sure to give us a call today.